My Real Me

Tuesday 20 March 2007

Hypocrisy at work

Why do people have to be such hypocrites? And specially at work? After working for about two full months at my job I was nearlly fired. My boss said he was going to fire me but that his righthand, a girl, convinced him not to. All this the three of us inside his office with a closed door. I found it absurd, there was no reason whatsoever why to fire me! And I said so, I asked him: Why??

After a lot of talking without really saying anything I ended up with the conclusion that it was because I had been absent for a week because of sickness. It seems you dont have the right to get sick, because then the work doesnt get done (specially if you are the only one there doing that work and there is not a lot of personell to give a hand). It doesnt matter that I was constantly in touch by email and kept doing part of my job my internet. And it doesnt matter that I asked him if he was ok with my work and he said, "sure, fine, your work is perfect".

But later, when I really sat down and thought about it all I realized something. I think it was all false, it a was ruse, an elaborate farse for two purposes:

- One, to make sure that I would really think twice about taking a sick leave and also of course, to work my butt off.
- Two, I was going to ask for a salary increase at the end or March, just as I said when I accepted the work. They have now effectively made that impossible (he even managed to make some sly remarks about that in the conversation).

I just HATE business men that have their own businesses and they are only trying to find ways to get more and more money out of them and if they have to step over their own employers to be able to buy themselves another car or take the kids to a fancy holidays, then so be it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]mimi-myrealme.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Scientific Research displays that nearly 80% of all USA adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Pasionate said...

Hi Mimi,

At work is where all the hypocrisy are.

I’m working for 3 years now in the same company, I was doing everything good, ( so they said) but as soon as I asked for a salary increased a few months ago, my work is not good at all.
On the meeting they told me I wasn’t doing my work as I used to, but when I asked what I was doing wrong, so I can improve it, they talk allot and didn’t said anything.
My conclusion- is that they want you to keep you down, and let you think or convince you that they are right to deny the salary increase due to your poor lack of productivity in work (while you are working your butt of as usual.)
And my mistake was telling them why my wish to my request. Now in every chance they get they use that against me, make it a reason of my sudden lack of productivity.
So sick of this.