My Real Me

Thursday 5 April 2007

How to deal

I just finished seeing the film "How to Deal" and I just knew I should not. I feel now depressed just as I knew I would. I guess sometimes we are just idiots who do things even knowing that we should not do them. The film had a bit of everything that I feel strongly about, a father who leaves his wife and children because he hooks up with another woman who is much younger than him. Of course, in this film the father actually loves his daughters even if he has been a pig to the mother. He actually keeps seeing the daughters and is there for all their important moments. I guess you can imagine that I thought I would have liked to at least get that. And I would to be young again like the girl in the film, and to really feel love again. I feel like I will never ever be able to feel like that again, like I felt for him. Everything that I feel after just feels tainted somehow, not real, like I am forcing myself to feel that way. I thought I felt like that again, but it passed away and now I feel trapped in a cage that I constructed myself with my own hands. I wish I knew how to open the bars.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

It sounds like a depressing film. Too bad you didn't have a comedy to pump you back up again.

It sucks how others treat you sometimes. I guess the best we can do is be true to ourselves.

Yara Babenco said...

Thanks for your visit to my place. I can understand your words very well... people are very selfish sometimes but we can overcome lots of troubles...

lauren said...

Family issues are never easy are they! I have not seen that movie but by the review maybe thats better! First time to your site but I wanted to know that I'm sending positive thoughts your way and I hope you and a great Easter!
take care lauren